Monterey, CA Sedation Dentist - Dr. Steven Chang
With sedation or sleep dentistry, you actually sleep through the entire
treatment. One hour before your dental appointment, you are given a pill.
When you arrive you will be very drowsy.
You will be shown to a warm, comfortable chair and covered with a
soft blanket. Your vital signs will be constantly monitored. You will sleep while your doctor performs all the needed treatment—comfortably. You will awaken with little or no memory of the experience.
Is Sedation Dentistry for you?
If the thought of going to the dentist makes you anxious or nervous, then
sedation or sleep dentistry could be for you. If you have experienced one or
more of the following, you could be a candidate:
- Negative dental experiences in the past
- High anxiety
- Fear of needles
- Fear of drills
- Bad gag reflex
- Limited time to complete dental care
- Complicated dental problems
- Resistance to anesthetic
- Aversion to dental sounds and smells
- Embarrassed about your teeth
What you need to know about Sedation Dentistry
- The procedure is entirely safe
- There will be no memory of the experience
- You will have no resistance to the anesthetic
- There are no IV needles; you just take a small pill prior to treatment
- Even extensive treatment requiring 6 or 8 appointments can be done in one or two visits
- It works!
Now you can take care of all your treatment in a single visit. For your appointment, call us today at 831-658-0252 or request an appointment online!